5. ruj 2012.

Waiting on Wednesday (#8)


Every Wednesday is time for Waiting on Wednesday. It's a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every Wednesday we pick the books we cannot wait to read. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick 



Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is only just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues as to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that Kira knows she is a part of, a plan that could save both races. Her allies are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what’s left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira’s journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and they will both discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn’t even know existed.

Excepted publication: February 26th, 2013


Tanja's pick


An Irish heritage, Celtic myth, and deadly  beauty 
In eighth grade, Brianna did something  so dreadful she was suspended and homeschooled.  No one could explain what happened  that night . . . except Brianna's Irish  grandmother, who gave her a silver charm  bracelet and told her to wear it until she  turned seventeen. Ever since she slipped  it on, Brianna has felt like she's invisible.  People stare right past her as if she doesn't  exist. And that includes Blake Williams, the  one boy she can't resist. 
But everything changes in one frozen, silver  moment when Blake sees her-and recognizes  what she's been hiding. Brianna is  descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia  of Celtic myth. Yet before she can fully  understand who or what she is, Brianna  accidentally binds her soul to Blake-whose  tribe has spent the last thousand years hunting  Danu's descendants to protect humanity. 

Expected publication: September 8th, 2012

We both picked

“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.


Expected publication: September 18th, 2012

As always you're more than welcome to share your Waiting on Wednesday in comments.

Until the next time,

 & 

Broj komentara: 26:

  1. I still need to read Partials but then I'm going to get right on the sequel! The Raven Boys was wonderful, IMO. Hope you enjoy it when you pick it up. Great picks Tanja and thanks for visiting The Readers Den. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Great picks! I am especially eager to get hold of Silver but all of them sound amazing.

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Thank you both. I still haven't read Partial either, but hopefully soon. I have no doubts in Raven Boys! :D Silver I actually have but still haven't read. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Awesome choices. Silver especially looks beyond amazing and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. These are all excellent choices. I haven't read Partials yet, but I've been wanting to, and now with Fragments coming out, I need to get busy. Silver sounds good to, and I have heard good things about The Raven Boys. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Nice book covers!

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. OM gosh!! I have not heard of Silver yet but it really sounds good!! Of course Fragments looks great (I still need to read the first - UGH!) and everyone is waiting on Raven Boys :)

    But I've got to go run and add Silver!! Thanks for the heads up!!! And thanks for visting my blog!! I'm a new follower now :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Thank you all for stopping by!

    I hope we'll all enjoy them.
    Kristin - You're welcome! I'm happy you like it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. OOh nice! Those look good, although I haven't read 2/3 authors! Hope you both enjoy them when you get em!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I'm really looking forward to The Raven Boys(One of my picks this week). I also want Fragments even though I haven't read Partials yet. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. The Raven Boys was really good. I still haven't read Partials, its on the shelf. Great pick..
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. The Raven Boys is a brilliant pick! I absolutely loved it and hope you both will enjoy it too. :) I still need to read Partials, but I love the sound of Silver. I'm looking forward to that book. Great choices! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Great picks! I cant wait to read The Raven Boys.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. The raven boys and Silver, great picks! I still need to read Partials, but I'm planning to :)

    Take a look at my WoW.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Thank you all for stopping by! :) At least I'm not the only one who haven't read Partials!

    PS. Simple Girls I'll get you back because of Polish! Just so you know! :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Svi hvale M.S., prijateljica mi je obećala posuditi Drhtaj trilogiju, nadam se da će biti OK easy read!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. I'm excited for Raven Boys too.
    Hope you get to read it soon,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. I'm excited for Raven Boys too.
    Hope you get to read it soon

    my wow

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. Great picks! I featured Silver a few weeks ago and I'm dying for The Raven Boys!!! I just bought Partials and I have heard great things about it! Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. Thank you, guys, for your lovely comments.:)

    @Biberlee, meni su njene knjige odlične, mada bih ti savjetovala da ih pročitaš na engleskom - u prevodu se puno tog izgubilo.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. I still need to read Partials, but the second book looks great.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I love all three of those picks. They all sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  23. Thank you all for stopping by!

    It seems that Maggie put some magic in us! ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  24. I just hate it when I see these sophomore books when I haven't read (but dying to) their firsts! Btw, nice picks!
    Thanks for stoppin by my WoW!
    Michelle Shouts Random

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  25. All great picks, that I want to read :) I actually still need to get & read Partials, although I hope I'll do that soon :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  26. Thank you! I can't wait for them to come out as well! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...