10. stu 2012.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


Buy the book

Author's

Book summary: 


Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?



Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


          If there was absolutely my type of the story then it'd be this. Sweet and short romantic stories. It doesn't really matter that they're mostly predictable but the feeling while you reading it is beautiful.

          For me this book is perfect for two things. One it's for summer cause you'll enjoy it and relax. Another thing this book is perfect for is actually plane. Yeah, it's really short and while you're flying somewhere over Atlantic or some other part of the world you can enjoy. By the way, you'll probably scan the other passengers to see if there is some sweet boy/girl to dream about while reading.

         I guess now you have a picture abut it. This book will first take us to the airport where our main character Hadley has to fly over Atlantic to get to London and attend her father's wedding. She is still angry on him cause he left her mother and her to go and enjoy with his new girlfriend in London. Things became even worse for her when she missed her flight and now she must wait four hours. Oliver is a guy, obviously, and he also travels to London but his story is different. He is British and studies in the USA but because of some family things  he must go home and be with them. Who would say that eight hours can change your life and soon enough one of the worst days in your life can become the best one.

         This is the story about teen love and about growing up. Hadley has to see that her problem won't lead to the end of the world and that there are other people who have bigger problems on their back. This is a story about letting go and realizing that today is what matters.

         This is also the story that I enjoyed in.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 11:

  1. I've read and loved The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight and I even voted for it as a nominee for the best books of 2012 on Goodreads. I'm so glad you liked the book too! I agree with what you said, the story does seem predictable, but it has a beautiful flow... It is totally unputdownable and a must read. Another awesome review, Tanja! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Yeah I voted for it too! :) Thank you. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I really enjoyed this book too :) I read it a while back and loved it! Awesome review Tanja.

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Yes it's a great book. Thank you! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. It's books like this where I don't mind the predictability either. Actually, sometimes it's a comfort knowing that I can expect a happy ending. I got this for my birthday and enjoyed how quick and sweet it was. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Good to see you enjoyed this one as well! I loved Oliver and Hadley. HATED her father and everything he did to their family. I think she forgave him a little too easily to me. Great review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. This one is on my tbr and glad to hear that it doesn't disappoint.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I completely agree with everything you said. I love cute romances like this and no matter how predictable I always end up enjoying them! I have yet to read this, but I am looking forward to it very much! Glad you enjoyed this! Awesome review, Tanja!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Thank you girls! :)
    Yeah those sweet and short stories are sometimes just what I need :) No pressure while reading, just relax and enjoy! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I love the idea of this book. And the name is so catching. Contemporary reads are my favorite since they are quirky, and realistic.
    I am pretty sure that this book will make me want to fall head-over-heels in love.
    Added to my TBR.
    GREAT review, Tanja!
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Oh yes I love the name of this book too! Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your blog! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...