29. pro 2012.

The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary: 

Katie is on the verge of her Rumspringa, the time in Amish life when teenagers can get a taste of the real world. But the real world comes to her in this dystopian tale with a philosophical bent. Rumors of massive unrest on the “Outside” abound. Something murderous is out there. Amish elders make a rule: No one goes outside, and no outsiders come in. But when Katie finds a gravely injured young man, she can’t leave him to die. She smuggles him into her family’s barn—at what cost to her community? The suspense of this vividly told, truly horrific thriller will keep the pages turning.

     Remember the days when the vampires were the creatures of the dark, literary. They couldn't walk in the sun and were the greatest predators. I honestly don't. I'm the "product" of the Twilight era so Buffy and the things "before" weren't part of my growing up. If you do remember then you're lucky. But so am I now, cause this book has the real vampires. But let's go from the start.

     The Hallowed Ones will probably draw your attention immediately cause where can you find a book with vampires and dystopia plus Amish people. Katie is living an Amish life and therefore she can't wait for Rumspringa to go and see the world. She made plans with her best friend and there is only few weeks left but that's long enough for "Outside" to collapse. Strange things start to happen with the "Outside" but still Amish life continues because they aren't affected. They soon find a young man who is deadly injured on their gates but elders make a rule and forbid the people to go outside and they close the gates for all the people from outside. Only Katie is not the one who can watch him die and do nothing. She breaks the rule, the first of many.

       If you like me though that all those elements can't work together in a book well you're wrong, as was I. It's magical how Laura puts all the thighs together and writes a damn good story. I was dragged into this world immediately and honestly I really enjoyed. I'm happy to see that this book will get its sequel so I'll be waiting for this awesomeness to continue.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 19:

  1. Yeah, I can't wait for also :) I'm glad you loved it :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I hope that the sequel won't disappoint :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Every review I read for this book is great! I seriously need to pick it up! and like you said, a vampire dystopian with amish people, that sounds EPIC! Great review dear!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. This really does sound great, Tanya, and I'm glad all the elements work well together!

    Thanks for dropping by our blog, we're now following you via GFC!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Never read this summary before. Definitely will be trying to get my hands on this one.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. It's hard not to enjoy this book :) It's different and bloody. :)
    Thank you all for stopping by :)

    Thanks for following :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I do remember the days when vampires were creature of the night! Scary stuff that was! Anyways, I've heard such a lot about the Amish people and put that with dystopian? Woah! Sounds totally cool! Thanks for sharing this book and great review, Tanja! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Thanks girl :) I hope you'll have a chance to read this book :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Oh I've heard endless awesome things about this book Tanja, I think the fresh take that it has on vampires is so appealing, so happy you enjoyed this! I will have to pick it up soon now! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I was so pleasantly surprised by this one and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It was such an intriguing and heart-pounding read and now I just NEED the sequel! Plus, Alex is a real charmer! ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I hope you'll enjoy it Jasprit ;)
    and yes Alex is quite a charmer ;) I hope that the sequel will be out soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I so enjoy all things vampire, so I'm kind of excited to give this book a try! I like that we return to the darker vampires, and I had no idea this book was going to have a sequel - that makes it all the more appealing for me. I'm slightly series-obsessed:):)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. LOL. I know how you feel :) Sometimes I wish the series never end :) I hope you'll enjoy this one :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I agree completely with your review, Tanja! This book was easily one of my favourites of the year. And Katie was such a fantastic protagonist, wasn't she? :)
    Amazing review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Agreed! :) I can't wait to see more of it :) Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Love the cover, and glad all the elements worked together for you.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. This is a great read and a good "revamp" for old school vampires and as you said all the elements in this book just seem to work out.
    Great review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. a very interesting information, with this insight we are getting, thanks a lot for various information
    obat penghilang kelenjar tiroid di leher tradisional

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...