18. lis 2013.

ARC Review: The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

Pre-order the book at
Author's 

Book summary: 
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.
         There are authors that tend to put me through a lot of pain and misery while I have to wait for the next book. Julie Kagawa can also be classified as author that likes to write cliffhangers. I have read The Iron Fey after all books were out so I didn't have to experience them then. Well that's why now I know how it feels.

         After The Lost Prince we were back to Nevernever once again. A favorite land of mine. Unluckily for him Ethan's first contacts with this land weren't that good. Instead enjoying new land and all the fantasy that it hides, it left him with traumas. For a long time he blamed Nevernever for taking away his sister and building a wall around himself to protect from all the magical creatures. Unfortunately for him his connections with Nevernever were hard to break and once again he was back there. Only now he had Kenzie to take care off. Taking in account her condition it wasn't an easy task and with all that Keirran is missing now and Ethan must help him, not only because he owns him but family is always family. All dangers of Nevernever are upon them and Forgotten ones are stronger than ever. They must fight and find a way to fix many broken things that bother the land.

        It wasn't hard to me to get used to Nevernever, despite all the flaws that land will always have a special place in my heart and going back is always a wonderful feeling. I was so happy to get to see Ethan develop as character and to see him break some of his walls. He is not alone anymore and that changes a lot. Now that he has people he feels he needs to protect everything is different. Once again Kagawa brought interesting twists into this story and made you turn pages frantically to see what happens next. Until there was no more pages.

        Again I'm left to live in agony until the next book. Luckily for me it's worth it every single time.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,

***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by publisher Herlequin Teens for review. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal.

Broj komentara: 30:

  1. I am glad you are liking this, I loved the original series but had a really hard time connecting to Ethan in this one. I am not sure if I will even pick this one up or not but I am glad that you are really loving it still.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I connected with Ethan easily! I love how different narrator he is :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. I ran into this blog accidentally and I'm glad I did :) I didn't get the chance to read anything from this author so far but I hope that it will change in the near future.
    http:77wornbooken.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get to read it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Izbriši
  3. I only skimmed your review. I have this, but I need to read the previous book. But 5 stars?! YAY!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Eek! I really need to get on with Julie's fey series. Everyone seems to be completely in love with it!

    Lovely review, (from what I skimmed through) Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You really must. LOL You wouldn't understand it ;) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. And that is precisely why I haven't read this series yet. I just need to get my hands on the entire thing before I dig in, I refuse to put myself through the torture of waiting for the next book :) Awesome review Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I totally understand why you're waiting. But while Herlequin is good to me I enjoy it :D Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  6. I agree Tanja, her books are always worth the wait even when she leaves us cruelly hanging! I have to read this one still, but I can't wait to pick it up. Kierran is quickly becoming my favorite part of this series, though I do enjoy Ethan as well. So glad you loved this!!!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's really like that. You'll love Kierran even more after this one :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  7. It's going to be torture waiting for the next one, for sure! Ethan was my favorite out of the first two books, but Kierran was a close second. The plot with the Forgotten really held my interest throughout this one. And I agree about the Nevernever, once you return there, it just fills your heart like an old, familiar home.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Somehow I love Ethan more as you know I saw him as a kid first and I love to see him grow. :) Exactly ;)

      Izbriši
  8. That's great you loved this one! I haven't read anything by this author yet, but I saw her in person and she seems lovely so I DO want too. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read it! She writes amazing stories. I hope you'll :)

      Izbriši
  9. You get used to them I guess :) I hope you'll give it another try. Thanks Aman :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I have this coming up in November and I am always excited to read a Kagawa book as I adore her world building and characters! Glad it was worth it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I liked the first in this series, but just didn't love it as much as the original series. Everyone seems to be loving The Iron Traiter, though, so maybe I'll give the series another try.
    Nice review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I actually like Ethan more as a narrator. Meghan somehow pissed me off sometimes xD I hope you'll give it another try :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  12. Wonderful review, believe it or not I have only read her Immortal Rules series, I do love her as an author, and hope to try these soon. I love that feeling of waiting for a favorite author's next release!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read Iron Fey. I loved that series :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  13. I just brought the first 4 books of this series. I know I'm super late joining the Iron Fey party but I hope to get started on it soon :) I didn't read your review cause I have no clue what's going on but I want to find out for myself. The cliffy endings sound bad though. Thanks for sharing Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're never too late to get into Nevernever! :) I really hope you'll enjoy it. You get used to cliffy ending ;) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  14. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed this book, Tanja. I actually had issues with the characters in the first book, so I never ended up enjoying it as much. I do agree that the Nevernever is a fantastic world!
    Great review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If you mean the first book in Iron Fey series then I understand, as Meghan wasn't always a fave character of mine :D Thanks Nick :)

      Izbriši
  15. Kagawa does love cliffhangers! I am not a huge fan of this series and quit after the last book. I'm glad that you're still enjoying it, though, Tanja! I know I'm the oddball out because most people love it like you do. Wonderful review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I still enjoy the original series more, but I really enjoyed The Iron Traitor. That cliffhanger was so mean! I cannot wait for the next book! Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Kagawa really does know how to bring the cliffhanger pain, doesn't she? :-) Glad you found it worth it in this one. I'm excited to get to this! Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...