11. stu 2013.

A Shadow of Light by Bella Forrest

Buy the book at Amazon
Author's

Book summary:
Since the implosion at The Oasis and Derek's stay at Hawk Headquarters, The Shade has fallen into a state of utter chaos. To make matters worse, the citizens of Derek's kingdom have become suspicious of his loyalties and accuse him of siding with the enemy... At a time when Derek desperately needs full cooperation from his subjects, they wish to put their own King on trial.
Meanwhile, Sofia is being held hostage by the hunters. They are determined to rid her of her infatuation with the vampire. She submits to the strict routine and training they impose on her, but the only fuel that keeps her going is the thought of reuniting with Derek - something Reuben is fighting with every fiber of his being to ensure will never happen. 
...Until one day, out of the blue, Reuben appears to have a change of heart and comes to Sofia with a proposal; a solution that she never dreamed possible. A solution that would fulfil her heart's deepest desires and secure her and Derek's future together, forever.
But can she really trust this man who is so renowned for his hatred of vampires? Does she even have a choice?
         Like I said the last time, when I reviewed A Castle of Sand, one of my favorite thing here is that the author knew exactly when to stop the story in one book and when to continue with the next one. All books in this series have some minor (so to say) problems they deal with, while the whole series has bigger issues that are presented in all books.

        In last book we caught a glimpse of all sides in this complicated world. It's way bigger than only vampires vs people thing. There are big differences between different vampire clans but they all aim for one thing safety and power. The we also have hunters, who try to protect our world from these beasts. War is about to start.

         For many here it's hard to recognize good and bad and to decide which side they belong to because things change so often and it's hard to trust anyone. With all that Sofia must struggle and fight hard not to break, which is hard when a person she should trust unconditionally offers her a way out, a solution to all her troubles. Only that means the end of everything Derek fights for.

         Luckily it's not Ben I have problems here any longer. While at one hand I do understand Sofia and her determination to find a solution I couldn't but be angry at her when she was so stubborn. I felt sorry for Derek here.

        But all in all, I cannot wait to see how things develop in A Blaze of Sun.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

****NOTE: A copy of this book was kindly provided by the author, Bella Forrest for review. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal. 

Broj komentara: 36:

  1. awesome review! this series sounds so much fun. Love myself some paranormal as well <3 glad you enjoyed it. I have it on my TBR so eventually :) i hope!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll give it a try Lily :) If you like paranormal you will probably enjoy this one :)

      Izbriši
  2. I read the first book and liked it but didn't love it. Your reviews are making me rethink the second book. I didn't have any plans to continue with the series but now I sort of want to!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Quite honestly the first one was the strongest for me. Others are great too but the first one was probably the best. But I think you should continue :)

      Izbriši
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying this series - it sounds great and I know I'll have to look into it more. Wonderful review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. It's great when there's such a strong overall story arc and when the story ends up being more complex than it originally seems. This sounds like a great series, all things considered. I'm a bit tired of vampires, but I'll have to give it a chance.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah, with every book new side is presented and this war seems bigger than I first thought. I hope you'll Maja :)

      Izbriši
  5. I still need to read the first on of this series that I got ages back. Glad you liked this!

    Lovely review as always, Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I'm glad you are enjoying this series so much, I'm not sure it is one for me, but I may give it a try one day since you seem to enjoy it. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Such a pretty cover on this one Tanja! Love all the dark with a bright punch of red around the title:) Glad this series is still continuing strong for you despite your small niggles. Can't wait to see what you think of A Blaze of Sun!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. This one is my fave in the whole series :) Thanks Jenny :)

      Izbriši
  8. Your review has me curious, so I am looking up book one. It sounds like love them or hate them that the characters are fleshed out. Wonderful review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll give this series a try. Thanks Kim :)

      Izbriši
  9. Oh these minor and bigger issues definitely have me intrigued Tanja. I'm glad that this series is still going strong for you :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Sounds like an intriguing read and nice to know she knows when to start and stop the books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. That's great you really like these books!! Thanks for sharing.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I remember how much you liked the first book, Tanja! I still haven't read it yet, don't be mad at me. You can yell at me when we get to book three, hee hee. I'm so glad you enjoyed this, though--hoorray for books that avoid sophomore slump!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh I won't Wendy, trust me there is so many books that I want to read because of your reviews :) Thanks Wendy :)

      Izbriši
  13. This series seems very cool. I'm glad you continue to be happy with the story. Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. This sounds like an awesome book that I haven't heard of before. Sofia and Derek sounds like amazing characters and the story itself, although its cliché to some I've read before, there is something about them that I just really enjoy reading them. Lovely review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah some things are cliche but not all of it. Thanks Emma :)

      Izbriši
  15. This sounds like a great series! I love when the author knows how to start and stop each book, that's really important. I'll have to look up the first book!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Nice to see you're enjoying this series. It's sometimes hard to keep a story fresh by the 4th book. Wonderful review, Tanja. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Bella Forrest is good at doing that :) Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  17. I'm so glad to hear that you're still enjoying this! I need to pick up A Castle in of Sand first, but I'm looking forward to reading this one too! Lovely review :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Oh yeah, Janhvi is the one following this series and I'm glad you're liking it so much, Tanja. I'm bored honestly of vampire stories but you've made this one sound good. Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks Sarika :) Hope you'll give it a try too. :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...