13. sij 2015.

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Buy the book at 
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / The Book Depository
Author's 
Website / Facebook / Twitter

Book summary:
The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my home, and there’s no place I’d rather be. 
Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive. Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.
Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux. 
When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.
Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced.
           I've never wrote reviews for the first five books in Fever series (and I LOVED it), so why am I writing it for this one? Heaven knows. But I feel like it, so yeah I won't add anything extraordinary as we all know that Moning is rocking this genre, so here goes my blabbing.

          Firstly, this is just me wondering...Do you people listen to The Red Hot Chili Peppers? Yes? No? Well you see I was a huge fan years ago (still am, but not to that extend) and there is that song that goes Dani the girl is singing songs to me...well lemme tell you, this Dani the girl is telling me a hell of a story here.

           While Mac grew on me during the course of the previous 5 books, I must say that I'm happy to see Dani leading it now. It's just that I experienced with her something I never did with Mac, but Dani and I connected right away. I really loved her quirky sense of humor and the way she sees the world. It might be silly and stupid to some, but dudes if I was 14 and having that power I'd be thinking highly of myself too. Speaking about her age and some scenes in this book, well it didn't bother me so of course I found an excuse. First is that, let's face it Dani was never a kid to start with, and with the condition that the world is here, well things changed, A LOT.

        Only thing I'd add is Moning, this was really CRUEL. I couldn't breathe for fecking 30 pages of this book. I turned pages like a maniac and not even I knew I could read that fast. So let's not do that again! Cause, DUDE! I nearly had a heart attack.

        Now, I'm grabbing a spot in line for Burned! Don't hate me cause I didn't have to wait for as long as some of you did, but we'll be best buddies in line while we wait for the 8th book. Right! (I can make a hell of a Turkish coffee. I'll just leave it here...)

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 15:

  1. Tanja I absolutely loved the Fever books too, but for some reason I still haven't been able to pick my copy of this book up yet :( However with the release of Burned around the corner I think I must get to this soon! Fab review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Glad you enjoyed this so much! I don't know why but I had planned to read this series and then decided against it. I liked the first one but didn't love it, although I did like it more by the end of the series. I don't know, I am still up in the air about giving this a try but your 5 stars makes me want to say the heck with it and give it a go.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I didn't love the first fever book, but maybe I should give this one a try.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oh it's one I still need to read. I loved the series but well I was anxious about this one so not yet but I should. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I'm so glad that this series is going strong for you, Tanja! Dani sounds like a brilliant main lead. Lovely review, hun <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Wow! It sounds like this was a fantastic book for you, Tanja! I love the original series, but I'm not sure about Dani. The reviews mentioning the ages of her love interest also put me off a bit.
    Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I'm thrilled you loved Iced too, Tanja! Dani annoyed me in the previous books but she was awesome in this installment. I'm buying and reading Burned the minute it comes out! Wonderful review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I've been waiting to read this one because of the cliffhanger ending but with Burned just around the corner, I definitely need to pick it up. I'm a little skeptical about enjoying Dani's voice, but I'm so glad you loved this installment. Wonderful review, Tanja! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I love this cover, btw. Although, living in the Midwest, it feels a little to real right now. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I am so excited for Burned, but a little disappointed that it goes back to Mac's POV. That cliffie was brutal. I did the audio and talk about a roller coaster. I can't wait for next week.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I haven't started this one but good to hear that other character has started to lead more

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I haven't read any of these, but that's great you're such a fan!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I have GOTTA read Karen Marie Moning. It is a definite priority in my this year's pile. I've only heard awesome things about her books. So glad you loved this one Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I have recently seen this series popping up in quite a few places, and have added it to my TBR! The covers look awesome and as well as that, I think they make great books by the sound of it. Can't wait to try these out for myself, thanks for the review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...